Event is FINISHED
The Competent Nanny Workshop
Caring for a baby or toddler is an extremely important job. All children deserve to be cared for with respect, right from the day they are born. This course is for in-home caregivers (nannies or domestic helpers), offering knowledge and practice to equip them with the skills to handle young children confidently. Caregivers are also shown how to promote a child's development holistically, including providing quality interaction and play.
The Competent Nanny course is suitable for caregivers of children between 0-3, and includes a 4 hour theory session and a 1.5 hour practical hands-on session in a playgroup setting.
Topics of study include:
• Attachment theory and the importance of the secure base
• Respectful caregiving such as diapering, bathing, dressing and feeding
• Creating safe space for play and learning
• The value of independent play
• Gentle discipline, including limit setting and natural consequences
• Supporting natural cognitive, socio-emotional and physical development.
The course will take place at Trehaus Cowork (442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Claymore Connect, Singapore 238879). The theory session will be held on Saturday, 10 September 2016, from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and the practical session will be held on Friday, 16 September 2016, from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
The price per person is $180 (Singapore Dollars).
Please note that this workshop is for alternate caregivers only.
HOW TO REGISTER
To secure your spot, please RSVP on Facebook and purchase your tickets here.
Want to find more groups and events like this?